Recruiting | Phase II
A Randomized, Phase II Efficacy Assessment of Multiple MET Kinase Inhibitors (Cabozantinib [NSC #761968], Crizotinib [NSC #749005], Savolitinib [NSC #785348], and Sunitinib [NSC #736511]) in Metastatic Papillary Renal Carcinoma (PAPMET)
To compare the survival in patients with papillary renal cell carcinoma (a type of kidney cancer) who a treated with either sunitinib, cabozantinib, savolitinib, or crizotinib. This study will also be comparing the side effects patients experience on each of these drugs as well.
- Chemotherapy: Sunitinib, Cabozantinib, Savolitinib, Crizotinib
- Patients will be assigned randomly by a computer to one of the arms of the study.
- Arm 1: Sunitinib orally once a day for four weeks then do not take it for two weeks during each cycle.
- Arm 2: Cabozantinib orally once a day.
- Arm 3: Crizotinib orally twice a day
- Arm 4: Savolitinib orally once a day
Key Participation Requirements:
Male or Female
18 years and older
Metastatic or locally advanced papillary renal cell carcinoma.
Patients may have received prior surgery and one prior chemotherapy that does not include any of the medications involved in this study. Patients may have also received radiation therapy.
Patients must not have moderate to severe congestive heart failure.
Patients must not have uncontrolled high blood pressure >150/90.
Patients must sign an approved informed consent and authorization permitting release of personal health information.
Methodist Health System Trial Code:
For more information, visit the U.S. National Library of Medicine clinical trial database.